ISHRAT KHAN was born in Agra, India and emigrated
to Canada in 1965.
His works have been exhibited in Vancouver at:
• Gordon Smith Gallery, North Vancouver (Volunteer Art Shows)
• Gallery of the Golden Key, Vancouver (1965 to 1971)
• Vancouver Art Gallery (Vancouver Artist’s Group Show 1967)
• Silk Purse Gallery, West Vancouver
• Art in the City, West End Community Centre
• North Shore Community Arts Council group shows and Art Rental Program
Ishrat creates semi-abstract urban landscapes using free strokes and vibrant colors with acrylic, oil and watercolor. He also uses oil crayons on prints to highlight details, re-emphasize color and mood thereby creating one of a kind print. He utilizes his civil engineering background as a base and his world travels as inspiration. Ishrat has also done art restoration work most recently for a client in Ottawa as demonstrated in the painting The Regiment (36x60 inches).